It may not always be viable to spend so much money on classes and gym memberships, no matter how fit you want to be. Luckily, there are alternatives for those of us on a budget, who still want to get in shape.
Here are 7 less expensive ways to get toned and still keep the pennies in your pockets.
- Skip the rope – Skipping is a very cost effective way to get fit. You don’t need anything sophisticated, all you really need is a regular skipping rope which should cost you no more than £2 and you’re on your way to a healthier you.
- Go for a run – Again, all you really need is a good pair of trainers, some planning and motivation. The key is consistency, start off slow and gradually build up. Don’t push too far at first or you may risk injuring yourself.
- Get your groove on – You don’t need to take a dance class or go to the club to dance. Just put on your favourite track, turn up the volume and move to the beat of the music.
- Invest in a bike – A bicycle is a good way to get around and a great way to get in shape. While this may cost you much more than a skipping rope would, in the long run you’ll save up on gym memberships.
- Skate around – Buy a pair of roller skates and go skating around the block. Fun and great for your body.
- Take a stroll – Walking is easy and light but effective. This is the simplest form of exercise, as well as easy to incorporate into your daily routine and can help you shed pounds (if that’s what you’re after). Instead of taking public transport or driving to work, why not walk?
- Get in touch with your spiritual side – There are lots of videos and websites that will demonstrate how to do different yoga poses so you don’t really need to waste your money on buying anything. Yoga strengthens your body, improves flexibility and relieves stress so you get multiple benefits for the price of, well, nothing.
There you have it. I hope you find this post useful and that you find your way to a healthier lifestyle without the need to spend on extravagant gym memberships.
What do you do to stay fit? Let me know in the comments below.