As vacation season is officially upon us, I thought I’d gather some tips to help you pack sensibly.
Tips for better packing:
- Roll your clothes – Not the most original advice these days but it’s advice worth noting. Your clothes will remain relatively crinkle-free and you’ll have additional space in your suitcase. Try it for yourself; it really does work!
- Play double duty – To create more room, only stick to things you’ll actually use on your vacay. Bringing items that can play double duty such as a lip and cheek stain and a pair of shorts that goes with everything is probably a good investment.
- Practice minimalism – A blow-dryer may appear like a necessary item but it will only take up more room in your valise, room that you really can’t afford to waste. And do you really need that many shoes? Ditch the blow-dryer, ditch the ten pair of shoes. Keep it light.
- Pick a favourite – When it comes to makeup, just pick one or two favourites and stick with it. Go for summery shades like peaches, pinks and plums.
- Go neutral – When considering what to bring with you in terms of shoes or accessories, go with a neutral colour. That way, you are sure that it will match everything. As for jewellery, pick one of two favourites for an evening out. For daytime, go bare.
- Downsize it – Opt for travel sized versions of your favourite cream, shampoo, spray and so forth.
- Bag it – If you decide to carry liquids such as foundation, make sure to keep it to a bare minimal and use resealable plastic containers to avoid any liquid mixing with your clothes.
In general, keep it light and simple. Embrace your natural skin and hair texture and leave more room for surprises.
Hope you found this post helpful. Have a great vacay!