Today, I thought I’d do something fun and put together a list of things to remember to do if you want to be the best version of ‘you’. This list is not inclusive, and only from my point of view, but worth considering. Keep reading if you want to know what they are…
BE AWESOME – THE CHECKLIST
- Drink lots of water throughout the day. Water is life, drink up.
- Always remember to sit up straight and stand tall. Tip: Place a small book over your head to correct your posture.
- Don’t stress out. It’s very important to take care of your mind, because it will take care of your body in return.
- Get moving! Add a little activity to your daily life. You’ve gotta take care of your body to keep it functioning at its optimal level.
- Don’t forget to smile a lot. With your eyes. And laugh, laugh a lot. LOL.
- Be your own best friend. Nobody will take care of you but you. Treat yourself with respect.
- Be kind to everyone you encounter. Even if they’re not so nice to you.
- Treat people with respect. Because you know all too well what it feels like to be disrespected.
- Get used to being embarrassed. It will happen time and time again.
- Be present. In every situation. The past is gone, the future isn’t here yet. The present is the only thing present (see what I did there :)).
- Radiate positivity. Life can get you down but you’ve got to stay strong. Be the light at the end of your tunnel.
- Look after your family. They’re important and you only have so much time to spend with them.
- Be a loyal friend. Be there for your friend when they’re in pain. Be there to laugh with them through joyous times. Be there when they need a helping hand. And never judge them; you’re imperfect too.
- Give hugs. Because who doesn’t love to be hugged?
- Donate. When you can. However much you can. The world is cruel, that’s why we need heroes. You’re helping the world be a better place.
- Hustle, hustle, hustle. You gotta work to make your bread.
- Save. For all those things you’ve been dreaming of having.
- Be productive. Focus on work, not your problems. Get shit done.
- Be disciplined. Nothing will get you closer to your goal. An awesome person knows the importance of that.
- Practice gratitude. Because we can get caught up in our problems and need to constantly remind ourselves that we are and have enough.
- Meditate. Because mindfulness is underrated. And all it takes is a few minutes.
- Have a morning routine. To get you psyched up for the day.
- Have an evening routine. To wind down.
- Keep a journal. So you can write your thoughts down. It’s a form of self therapy.
- Read a lot. Knowledge is power and reading is pure enjoyment.
- Dance a lot. Because, why not? It’s fun, it’s liberating, it’s a form of self expression.
- Cook a lot. So that you know for yourself what you’re putting into your own body. Fill it with real food.
- Forgive yourself. Nobody’s perfect and we all make mistakes.
- Never give up. Nothing in life is meant to be easy. The awesome person is no quitter.
- Never stray from your values and principles. These are at the core of who you are.
- Never lose sight of your goals. That’s what will get you to your destination.
- At the end of the week, review what you’ve accomplished. Have you done enough? Can you do more next time?
- Don’t follow the crowd. Go your own way, do your own thing.
- Be you. Flaws and all. No cover ups. No hiding. Just awesome ol’ you!
What do you think of this checklist. Do you agree? What would you add to the list? Share your thoughts with me in the comments.